I thought I would do something a little different today on the blog. I have been so out of blogging lately and I'm really trying to get back into it. It's something I've always really enjoyed doing and I want to make time for this space again! The "What I Eat Wednesday" tag has been a popular one on the internet and I really enjoy seeing what kinds of things people like to eat. I thought I'd try it out myself. Let me know if you think I should do this more often! Also, I'd love to hear what kinds of foods you eat in a day!
- BREAKFAST: I've been having my homemade no-knead raisin toast every morning for the last month or so. I'm sort of obsessed! I found a recipe online that I tweaked a little bit and now I absolutely love making this loaf every week. Let me know if you want the recipe. I also added a touch of butter, cinnamon and sugar on my toast. And we can't forget my morning cup o' Joe! I use a tiny 1 cup moka pot packed with my favorite Lavazza Crema e Gusto (this is seriously the best). Jed doesn't drink coffee so there's not really any point in making a huge pot. I add 4 ounces of hot water to the 2 ounces of stovetop espresso that my pot makes. On a regular weekday I don't go crazy with breakfast but every so often (usually on a weekend) I'll make something a little more exciting. To be honest, all I really care about in the morning is a hot cup of coffee!
- MID MORNING: Of course we have to get in some kitty snuggles before heading off to the climbing gym! Ernest gets a bellyful of his favorite minced turkey (right now his favorite canned food is the Wellness brand minced variety)!
- LUNCH: We usually have lunch a little later on climbing days, but I didn't feel like having a snack after the gym so just waited until we got home to eat left over homemade chili, guacamole and tortilla chips!
- DINNER: Cashew chicken with jasmine rice. This is one of my favorite meals to make (and eat!). I altered a recipe I found which cuts down quite a bit on the calories. I think sometimes these dishes are unnecessarily high, so I like to make my own versions.
- DESSERT: I have to have dessert! I've just decided I'm one of those people who really need something sweet to end the day. Okay, maybe I don't need it. But life it short, and why not enjoy sweet treats in moderation? These Blondies are crazy good! I highly recommend this recipe by Cook's Illustrated. I split the recipe in half and then use an 8"x8" plan. It's just enough for Jed and I to share for the week!
As I mentioned, if you would like me to write some recipe posts, just let me know and I will get right on it! Hope you all have a happy Wednesday! XOXO